There are unfortunately no official landing sites in the village of Roldanillo. There are two reasons for this situation:
- 90% of all pilots flying in Roldanillo come to fly XC and therefor do not land in Roldanillo.
- At around noon the Pacific wind starts up and comes in over the mountains, which makes landing in Roldanillo unsafe.
The first official landing site that can be used all day long is “La Pista”. This little, unused airport “La Pista” is located too far away from all three launching sites to be reached in one flight. There are several meadows and fields that can be reached well in one flight and where secure landing is possible.
Please do not land in Roldanillo after midday.
On the road between Roldanillo and Zarzal there is the take-off and landing strip "La Pista". This small airport is almost never used, and so it is perfectly suitable as a landing strip for paragliding and hanggliding-pilots. By bus it is a 10 minutes ride to the city center of Roldanillo.
Coordinates: 76.121083°W; 4.412383°N
Height above sea level: 3030ft
- Easy landing site:
- Safe with Pacific - Wind
- Bus stops right at the exit
- Windsack available
The stadium is located in the center of Roldanillo. It is not an easy landing site. The football field is marked by 4 small corner flags which indicate the direction of the wind.
Cordinates: 76.149500°W; 4.412367°N
Height above sea level: 3080ft
- Ambitious landing
- Wind variable
- Thermally very active
- Doors often closed, exit over the wall
- Important: After 2 pm no more landing at the stadium. Pacific wind is very gusty and turbulent.
- No windsock available (only the corner flags on the football field )